On Sunday I did a bit of research and decided that since my symptoms were mainly above the neck, I could go workout at the gym. I hopped on the treadmill and was feeling really good the first mile. All of a sudden it hit me and I could barely keep up a jog. I got off after 2.5 miles and tried some strength training but then decided it was probably better to rest. I guess it is a good thing that I tried to work out, as it gave me the impetus to get to the doctor. Do you guys have a hard and fast rule for when/when not to work out when you are feeling off?
On Saturday I had my final dress fitting! We are getting married in 11 days; craziness! I found some fun stuff for the out of town bags, including Saratoga Salsa Co. Bloody Mare Mix (saratoga is horse country!) and Saratoga hot fudge. I am also going to include water, vitamin water, tylenol, saratoga potato chips, sugar cookies, candy and maps of downtown. Here are some of the other last minute deets I am working on:
- dance lessons with my father. My stepmom really wanted him to get them and it is actually kind of fun, haha.
- seating chart. We have approximately 181 adults and 9 children attending.
- Place cards. Sooo excited for this (YUCK).
- Table card numbers. I've assembled pictures of Bailey to use and my co-worker is going to put numbers on them for me.
- Schedule last minute spa appointments.
- Order food (sub platter/bagels) for the suite for the bridal party while they are getting ready.
- Day of schedule? Not really sure if I want to be this anal but I need to coordinate 12 women getting their hair done. Yikes.
- Programs for the ceremony. To do this, we still need to pick out three readings. Nothing like procrastination at its finest :)
- Pack for honeymoon!! :)
- Book excursions for honeymoon. I booked the luau, but we are also diving two of the days, going on a hike and taking a sunset catamaran cruise. Yay Hawaii!
I did get a big check off of the list this weekend: my rehearsal dinner dress! I have been on the lookout for quite some time now, to no avail. Anna mentioned that Ann Taylor Loft had some great spring clothes in so I headed over to check them out. Success! I purchased this dress:
I'll be back later this week with a guest post from my guy (on his definition of fitness) and whatever else I can fit in during this crazy time. I hope that everyone is doing well, and know that if I'm not commenting, I'm still reading your fantastic blogs! Happy Tuesday! :)