Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feelin' Good

Hey y'all! Happy Wednesday... almost the weekend! Since I last posted I've had a great couple of days and workouts. Friday evening I hit up a new Italian restaurant with my bro, his gf and the 'rents. Bri was sorely missed but when he gets leave this December I plan on taking him :) I tried an amazing eggplant rolotini (?) appetizer. I definitely have a new favorite go to dish!

Saturday was my second ever hot vinyasa yoga class. SO awesome and challenging. I can easily see how the heat becomes addicting. I feel so much more limber and can sink deeper into the poses. Speaking of yoga, I'm participating in Tina's Yoga Pose May yoga challenge so I'm excited about that! Be on the lookout for a pose come May 18th ;)

Monday brought an amazing six mile run. I headed to a local park after work and just ran. The weather was SO beautiful- low seventies/upper sixties with just the right touch of wind. Six miles is the farthest I've gone since the 14k back in February! It was markedly different from the 5 miler I did the week before in VB. I'm telling ya, I'm not a hot weather runner! Give me the cold any day. What temp would you rather run in- hot or cold?

Last night I attended hot yoga again. It was different than vinyasa in that there was a lot of Bikram elements, which I've never done. The room was also heated to 105 instead of 95. I was sweating SO much before we even began. I don't mind though, because my skin has seriously NEVER looked better.

My poor pup has something going on behind his ear so I made an appointment to take him to the vet. Poor lil' guy. Here he is (on the right) with his best friend Molly:
Hopefully it's nothing but I'm still worried!
On Sunday I met with my Ragnar team and got the overview of the legs I am running:
  • Leg 4- 2.7 miles. Extremely hilly. Awesome.
  • Leg 16- 5.8 miles. Fairly flat.
  • Leg 28- 3.1 miles. Easy day.

The only one I'm concerned about is the first leg. I'm glad it's the first leg though, since I'll likely have the most energy for that one. I'm starting to get really nervous!

I have been thinking a lot lately about blogging. I have a lot of ideas for future posts, including:

  • My bucket list (via Wendy)
  • A ten year review (again, via Wendy :) )
  • Eating well while on the road/driving looooong distances
  • Bri's guest post on fitness
  • A fun topic inspired by Runner's World
  • My ten basic essentials for a professional wardrobe

I have some other ideas floating around too. As you can see, they're all random. I don't consider myself to be "fitness" blogger, I'm definitely not a food blogger (although I love reading those blogs!)... I don't really know what I am. I'm just trying to live healthfully and interact with like-minded persons! What kind of blogger do you consider yourself to be? What steered you in that direction?

In any event, it's time to get back to bidness. I hope you're having a great week! See you tomorrow with a new thumbs up thursday post!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah for your relay! Your legs sound awesome, and coolio that the hilly one is first and only 2.7 miles. You can do it!! I seriously can't wait to hear your tips and tricks, our relay is coming up and I am freaking out a little. Eeeek!

    Well I would like to consider my blog a running blog, but it has morphed into recipes and inspirational life stuff. So I think I am a Life blogger with an emphasis on running a marathon. LoL -it's hard to put it into one catergory. I think my big thing is I am still learning about running, and don't LOVE it so much to just write about that ALL the time. But I think I get more out of writing about a lot of different things. And I think it's okay for the bloggo to be more than one subject. Sounds like your future posts are going to be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I blog about whatever is on my mind. I try to stay focused on exercising and healthy living, but there is so much more to my life than that. I probably torture all my readers with all my ridiculous stories. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely prefer running in the cold. Somehow it went from end of winter to 90 degrees here so I missed that nice running weather.

    I blog about all kinds of random stuff. There's definitely an emphasis on healthy living, but I talk about all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetest! You always inspire me, and posts that I write. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. I love all your ideas, and am excited to read about them, and I will most definitely be on the look out for your Yoga pose! I know what you mean about what kind of blogger are you. I wonder that myself, maybe whole living/life?? Not sure but whatever you are I LOVE it! Let me know if you figure it out because I'm unsure as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess healthy living? I try to keep a healthy theme. I also blog a bit about my life, but I try to keep the healthy living in there somewhere.....most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,
    It sounds like you are getting some great runs in! It is so nice to run when the weather is beautiful and who doesn't like running in a park1?! I am getting excited for you and your upcoming relay! You actually have nice legs...I would be very happy with those distances:) I can't wait to hear how this all turns out for you. You are going to have a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice 6 miler! I'm curious what Italian restaurant you went to and liked? I waiver back and forth between what kind of blogger I am. Lately, it hasn't been much food. And lately I've been so busy it hasn't been much at all! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete