Friday, June 26, 2009

Calm Before the Storm

So it's Friday evening and I'm relaxing before the craziness that is coming on Sunday. We have a super important conference and I'm giving two presentations- one on Monday and one on Tuesday. I have to be up in Saratoga on Sunday and will be staying there until Wednesday. Tuesday night is the gala- I'm really excited for it! Hopefully I won't be too tired on Wednesday since I am booking home after lunch, packing up quickly and then driving the 8-9 hours to visit Bri over the holiday weekend. THEN I get back from that on Sunday and have to be all packed for the moving truck the following Friday. Did I mention that I haven't started packing yet? Sweet! Meanwhile the only thing I'm thinking is that the upcoming events are going to hinder the workout flow that I'm getting into. Tomorrow I will finish week 2 of the couch to 5k and week 3 of the 100 pushups challenge. I can do 50 (real!) pushups. Hard to believe as I couldn't even do one a year ago! I'm going to make an effort the keep the workout schedule going though. The Hilton has to have a treadmill, and when I visit Bri we can run on the beach together.

On another (fitness-related) note, I officially signed up for my first 5k! People's reactions have been hilarious. I asked Christina if she wanted to do it with me. Her response was a resounding "Hell NO!". I brought it up to my brother, who told me he would rather eat garbage than run a 5k. Okaaay then. THEN, I asked my co-worker this morning if she wanted to take a morning fitness bootcamp with me. She asked me if I was on drugs. So maybe I really am the crazy one?

I wish that I was enough of a runner to do the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in VB in early September. I read about the one in San Diego and it seemed like it was tons of fun (well, as fun as running 13 miles can be). I saw yesterday in a magazine that there is another one right near our place! I told Bri he should do it and I would cheer him along. I just don't foresee myself being ready for 13 miles in oh, two months. I haven't even run a 5k yet! So I'll conquer that first (September 27!) and go from there. Maybe the Rock 'n Roll half in San Diego next year? I could visit Jenn and Kelle at the same time and kill two birds with one stone! Annnd I just noticed that I ended three of the last four sentences with exclamation points. Moving on.

After my workout tomorrow I'm heading over to watch Sadie for C & R. She has probably gained even more weight and will be even harder to control on the leash! A 40-pound plus lab is a lot harder to walk than a 4 pound yorkie! Kristin is coming by to help entertain so it should be fun. Which means I'm off to get all of my suits ready for next week. Oh yeah fun Friday night what!

No comments:

Post a Comment